Once you install iOS SDK, you can test it without real driving. Apple provides access to the debugging tools in Simulator through the Location menu.
- Setup the app with SDK
- Complete permissions wizard
- Close the app (don't delete)
- Launch the app
- Start freeway drive at the simulator
- Set Apple position at the simulator. Apple position?
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Proceed to UserDataHub, your trip will be available there.
Test trip requirements
Duration > 60 sec
Speed > 30km/h or 18mi/h
Set location(Apple) after simulation drive and wait for 5 min + time for uploading the track. When SDK detects stop driving, it completes tracking and data will be uploaded to the platform.
The simulator allows you to set the core Location for your app. The following options are available:
- None - no location returned. Use for testing how an app responds when no location data is available. A simulated watchOS device asks the paired iPhone for the location.
- Custom Location - allows setting a custom latitude and longitude.
- Apple - the coordinates of the Apple Headquarters.
- City Bicycle Ride - simulates a bike ride in Cupertino, CA. This item simulates the device moving on a predefined route.
- City Run - simulates a run in Cupertino, CA. This item simulates the device moving on a predefined route.
- Freeway Drive - simulates drive through Cupertino, CA. This item simulates the device moving on a predefined route.
Updated 2 months ago